Shy bairns get nowt!

We hope eventually to have world wide reviews for good venues

Shy bairns get nowt!

Postby Judith » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:26 pm

Shy bairns get nowt!

Last week I went with some friends to a Cote restaurant in London’s West End stmartinslane@cote-restaurants.co.uk —they didn’t know I was coming and the menu was full of French food-wall to wall butter and cream. But they were really charming and helpful-our waitress even came out in the rain at the end to give me their card ‘let us know beforehand next time’—they had persuaded the chef to desist with the butter, put all my ‘sides’ on one plate, and the result was a good meal, one happy customer. I met Kayleigh from Newcastle today, and her grandmother used to say ‘shy bairns get nowt!’-so don’t be afraid to ask… may not work every time but it takes some of the anxiety away if you just ask…you’ll be surprised, as I was.
satisfied.jpg
satisfied.jpg (5.99 KiB) Viewed 5503 times
Judith
Site Admin

Re: Shy bairns get nowt! A Welsh experience...

Postby Judith » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:58 pm

So just asking continues to be good...

at The Hive in the attractive town of Aberaeron (once a haunt of Dylan Thomas) on the Cardiganshire coast, they served me up a most beautiful mixed salad which surpassed many I've had in London, with roast potato skins-boy they were delicious and the staff were so friendly--(the crab risotto was excellent too so my non-vegan companion told me). Definitely worth a visit (they have WiFi too for addicts), as you sit and idle away your time on the waterfront and admire the little brightly coloured houses around the bay...

aberaeron.jpg
aberaeron.jpg (112.21 KiB) Viewed 5442 times

Then mooching back down the leafy byways what do we come across?

Troed y Rhiw Organics, run by friendly Alicia and Nathan Richards. They were packing up their weekly organic veg boxes but had enough to spare for us too--snappy little red radishes,bags of the greenest of greens, leeks (of course!), parnsips, potatoes...

organic veg.jpg
organic veg.jpg (94.85 KiB) Viewed 5442 times

and they do organic farm holidays too. They are in the next bay from Cwmtudu, a breathtaking little cove maintained by the National Trust and thank all the gods for them..so look these people up on: http://www.troedyrhiwfarm.co.uk
Judith
Site Admin

Return to Restaurants that are vegan friendly