webwork

Cancer diagnosis often unlocks people's creative urges-

webwork

Postby Judith » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:59 am

WEBWORK- OUR CREATIVITY TOGETHER AFTER DIAGNOSIS

I just replied to an agonized cry for help on the Canceractive site-she said ‘I feel so alone!’...

Before that I was sitting on my roof terrace watching three seemingly identical webs woven between the terrace railings—they were being buffeted by the wind but withstood it, because of the spaces in between the lines of the web.

Spiders webs have existed for at least 100 million years, as a rare find preserved in amber in Sussex, England, shows us.
a web after rain....jpg
a web after rain....jpg (103.83 KiB) Viewed 9087 times

It struck me that this is what we’re all doing on this site; constructing a web of helpful and hopeful words and ideas, to offer to others who are walking their own path but down the same now rather broad road after cancer diagnosis...That’s what our web is catching, our agonized selves, offering hope and help

And by doing this we construct something which may help others buffet the winds that blow around you after such a trauma.
Judith
Site Admin

Return to Creativity post diagnosis: On endless shores...