Cancer survival rates: 29 April 2014

Flagging up current news...

Cancer survival rates: 29 April 2014

Postby Judith » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:39 pm

And these rates go up not counting what people are doing for themselves!

I posted this on the Guardian comments page today and have contacted the Features Editor on the Health Page..fingers crossed..

Black-And-White-Hand-With-Crossed-Fingers-Royalty-Free-Vector-Illustration.jpg
Black-And-White-Hand-With-Crossed-Fingers-Royalty-Free-Vector-Illustration.jpg (5.15 KiB) Viewed 6144 times
Black-And-White-Hand-With-Crossed-Fingers-Royalty-Free-Vector-Illustration.jpg
Black-And-White-Hand-With-Crossed-Fingers-Royalty-Free-Vector-Illustration.jpg (5.15 KiB) Viewed 6144 times

Judith Edwards Gurney commented on Cancer survival rates: half of new UK patients 'can expect to live for another decade'.
29 Apr 2014 1:29pm
We need to empower ourselves too and I have started a site http://www.cansurviving.com (also on Facebook and Twitter) which helps people after the trauma of diagnosis and whatever treatment they have or do not have--has been called 'a lifejacket for people' and has an international reach- latest comment from a healthcare professional in New Zealand:Dr Roger Foggitt, Counselling Psychologist in the field of Oncology and Palliative Care in NZ says: ‘this is a very valuable resource for all those who struggle to achieve the right balance between quality and quantity of life, when facing treatment options with huge implications for themselves and their loved ones, as a result of living with cancer’ . I hope to contact the Guardian Health Editor re running a possible feature on this.
Judith
Site Admin

Re: Cancer survival rates: 29 April 2014

Postby Judith » Tue May 13, 2014 11:25 am

Well this has not been picked up by the Guardian (yet!)but anyone who has press contacts anywhere, please do try to get this site talked about...go on to online forums and flag it up--I am doing this with Guardian cancer health stories now--anyone up for monitoring other papers' online comments?

magical_networking_logo_header.png
magical_networking_logo_header.png (22.02 KiB) Viewed 6078 times

--The site is growing and judging from the number of hits we now receive it clearly fulfils a need--we're all in this together so thank you for anything you can do to help us all---With love from The Team
Judith
Site Admin

Return to Latest news