You did what? Refusing chemotherapy after breast surgery

This is for relevant titles of interest with reviews.

You did what? Refusing chemotherapy after breast surgery

Postby Judith » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:25 pm

No-480x280.jpg
No-480x280.jpg (15.38 KiB) Viewed 5808 times

This is the link below to the Huffington Post’s review of this book by Hollie and Patrick Quinn by Dr Nalini Chilkov

What would you do if you were diagnosed with breast cancer during your first pregnancy at the age of 27? Dr Nalini’s review is very wide ranging—I’d just like to say that this is one of the first books I read; it is very ‘Christian’ in its outlook but I’ve come to realize that having a faith container is good and not to be scoffed at- (see section on meditation). This young couple had to go against their family’s advice and wishes (after she had a lumpectomy and was recommended chemotherapy which would have put paid to breastfeeding her first child) as well as conventional wisdom-- and 10 years on (I think my maths are Ok here) she is fine & they have two healthy children. They were supported (and it was expensive as I recall) by a USA cancer care body mentioned in the review which recommends 'traditional' rather than 'orthodox' treatments. One point that came home to me was the need to rid one’s home where possible of ‘toxic substances’—ie cleaning agents etc as well as cosmetics which are not organic-makes good sense \and I did it
http://www.canceractive.com/cancer-acti ... t%20tissue
read on for the review...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nalini-ch ... 01439.html
Judith
Site Admin

Re: You did what? Mum's Not having Chemo!!

Postby Judith » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:33 pm

The Cansurviving Team would really like other members old or new to do some more reviewing when time and energy permits, but here is one that I found on the same subject as the post I made over a year ago--so here is a review of it by an anonymous Amazon reviewer who is a cansurvivor......

Mum's not having Chemo!.jpg
Mum's not having Chemo!.jpg (7.23 KiB) Viewed 5695 times

By
Amazon Customer

This review is from: Mum's Not Having Chemo: Cutting-edge therapies, real-life stories - a road-map to healing from cancer by Laura Bond(Paperback)

Before writing this review, I must admit to a heavy bias, namely I am a cancer survivor who also declined chemotherapy in favour of a more natural and dietary-based approach. Having said this, if this book wasn't up to the mark I wouldn't shy away from slating it! Having read about cancer voraciously for the past 4 years I honestly thought that I wouldn't learn much from reading it. I was however pleasantly surprised at the sheer amount of new information it brought to my attention. It's also a well-written book in that it gives enough information without being too technical and therefore stays engaging and easy to read.

I tend to read books with a highlighter pen poised in my hand nowadays (sorry book purists) and always highlight things I need to do more research on later. This book has given me a list of nearly 60 new books/treatments/therapies I need to look up! The complexity and range of treatments covered by the book mean that they can't be covered in too much detail. However, having said this I think this is an excellent book for someone wanting an introduction to what's out there in the alternative cancer field. I also found it a very uplifting and inspiring book - particularly the accounts of fellow cancer survivors who have regained their health again after terrible prognoses

If I was to level a tiny criticism at it, it would be that there was nothing on the Budwig Protocol. Overall, if you are considering an alternative path for you or a loved one and need some more information and a heavy dose of inspiration, I don't think you could do any better than this book.
Judith
Site Admin

Return to Library