Your Life in Your Hands

This is for relevant titles of interest with reviews.

Your Life in Your Hands

Postby Judith » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:55 pm

jane_plant1.gif
jane_plant1.gif (21.86 KiB) Viewed 7160 times
Your Life in Your Hands by Jane Plant

was the first book I read after getting the diagnosis which rather turned life upside down. Someone put it into my hands and I lapped it up. 'Understand, prevent & overcome breast cancer & ovarian cancer'is the subbtitle.

The author embarked on this route after doing her own thinking (and loads of resarch in here)following her own diagnosis and orthodox treatment, about countries where these cancers hardly ever occurred, linking this with diet.It comes garlanded with huge amounts of praise 'indispensable reading', 'it could save your life'--among many. There are also lots of stories of people who have remained 'in remission' after orthodox treatment and put it down to her ideas and eating programme.

Since I had decided not to follow the orthodox route and this was a choice made after a huge amount of pain and what some people call soul-searching, I did wonder about whether she would advocate her programme on its own. I thought she was trying to stay onside with orthodox medicine rather than alienate anyone.In many ways I now take a more stringent approach than did she, (for instance new research has shown that soy which she recommends is not that wonderful). But again, I think it's helpful to get a spectrum of views when you're loading up your particular boat for the journey ahead.. I'd welcome other views on this book from site users.

And here are details of her latest book (2014) called BEAT CANCER

Beat Cancer.jpg
Beat Cancer.jpg (9.33 KiB) Viewed 6661 times

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... later.html
Judith
Site Admin

Return to Library