Sleep - its importance, and how to do it!

Recipes, naturopathy, acupuncture, homeopathy ...

Sleep - its importance, and how to do it!

Postby amckay » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:22 pm

cancer and sleep .pdf
(291.08 KiB) Downloaded 843 times

Judith suggested that I write something about sleep, and the Zeez sleep pebble, a new device that i have been working on with the inventor, Steve Walpole.

Also ps from Judith there is much more about sleep on this forum, under the Naturopathy heading, posted January 2013,under the heading 'Sleeeeep'-so worth checking all that out too...

sleep like a baby.jpg
sleep like a baby.jpg (4.84 KiB) Viewed 4814 times

Lots of us have sleep issues, and poor sleepers are at higher risk of many illnesses, including cancer. Many cancer patients suffer from sleep difficulties (estimates vary from 30 - 88%) and yet this is often not discussed or addressed. I think that is a shame, since poor sleep not only makes us feel awful, but also hinders our ability to cope with challenges, weakens our immune system and may affect our prognosis. I have written about sleep and cancer in the article attached (pdf below), which I hope you find interesting. It is intended to give an overview of the issues which face us with pointers for actions that may help.

You can find general sleep tips at http://www.zeez.org.uk

I would love your feedback
Best Wishes and good luck sleeping,
Anna
amckay

Return to Diet and Body