Grayson Perry and 14 ingredients

Recipes, naturopathy, acupuncture, homeopathy ...

Grayson Perry and 14 ingredients

Postby Judith » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:50 am

Diet- Grayson Perry and 14 ingredients

I just heard the artist Grayson Perry’s third Reith lecture about being an artist-he rattled a bowl of Lego and said ‘that’s the sound of a child’s mind working to make new creations’
lego.jpg
lego.jpg (202.55 KiB) Viewed 9187 times
—So to get your creative thoughts rattling --here are 14 ingredients which will be staples of the way you eat now-maybe if you gather these together you’ll find ways of combining them which might be useful to others also starting out—steaming, lightly stir frying, blending, eating raw or just warmed through -do feel free to put some of your recipe combinations on the site, with all the herb & spice additions that can transform your meals to something often much more inspiring than the classic meat ‘n two veg ...

Avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, celery, peppers, onions, spring onions, spinach, broccoli, kale, quinoa, buckwheat, tahini, coconut
Judith
Site Admin

Re: Grayson Perry & 2 more ingredients..ahhhh

Postby Judith » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:35 pm

Garlic and sapphires in the mud--no that's T. S. Eliot but fresh garlic and fresh ginger root should be on that list above--
ginger-root.jpg
ginger-root.jpg (14.72 KiB) Viewed 9161 times
I put raw garlic and fresh ginger chopped v v fine in my daily lunchtime salads-then I read that Indian cooks blend the two together in a food processor with a bit of water into a paste (1 tbsp per 100g. and refrigerate-)great for putting on greens and as a sauce for anything...and both are excellent for so many health reasons--garlic versus colds, ginger very warming as the Chinese herbalists say--and actually if garlic is chopped fine and eaten this way you don't smell as if your breath is coming from a garlic-infused digestive tract at all--do add more suggestions to this post, thanks...this site will grow with your input-each one of you who reads this...
Judith
Site Admin

Re: Grayson Perry and 14 ingredients

Postby Judith » Sun May 11, 2014 3:51 pm

And here are 14 herbs 'n spices to go with your 14 ingredients--cook up a storm...

maybe not a storm like this!.jpg
maybe not a storm like this!.jpg (82.74 KiB) Viewed 8971 times

Just mix and match and make your own discoveries-that's what cooks do- and you don't have to be a Name to make delicious food-I for one would not want to go back to meat and two veg...

Marjoram, thyme, oregano, chilis, asafoetida, turmeric, cumin, coriander seed/geen, parsley, sage, rosemary, and mint, and of course GARLIC!!!!...

and here for good measure is a link to seven anti-cancer foods which MUST be in your diet now- ALL delicious! http://liveenergized.com/alkaline-foods ... dbaf1e5179
Judith
Site Admin

Re: Grayson Perry and 14 ingredients THYME time...

Postby Judith » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:22 pm

http://news.therawfoodworld.com/thyme-e ... cer-cells/

a bunch of thyme.....jpg
a bunch of thyme.....jpg (7 KiB) Viewed 8664 times

Still waiting for more of you to join me and add things here but hey....if you read all this it can't be bad...and THYME is so simple to grow, even a pot on the windowsill..and see what it does in the link above.......and thyme essential oil--

thyme essential oil.jpg
thyme essential oil.jpg (3.76 KiB) Viewed 8663 times

well just have a look at the research in the link?
Judith
Site Admin

Return to Diet and Body