Sugar-take heed of this excellent advice

Recipes, naturopathy, acupuncture, homeopathy ...

Sugar-take heed of this excellent advice

Postby Jane » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:07 pm

If you know anyone who has cancer, please pass this on--and if you've had a brush yourself, please take heed! Like all of this it may take time to wean yourself off the sweet stuff, but SO worth it...

http://globalhealingexchange.com/sugar-cancer/

sugar!.jpg
sugar!.jpg (23 KiB) Viewed 9194 times
Jane

Re: Sugar-here are some tips to break the cravings...

Postby Judith » Wed May 07, 2014 11:55 am

http://www.energiseforlife.com/wordpres ... tact_key=c

A pretty comprehensive list this, and so helpful--

coconut oil.jpg
coconut oil.jpg (6.47 KiB) Viewed 9073 times
start with my favourite coconut oil and read on!!!
Judith
Site Admin

Re: Sugar-need any more convincing??

Postby Judith » Mon May 12, 2014 9:52 pm

http://www.canceractive.com/cancer-acti ... aspx?n=501

This is another of Chris Woollams’ impeccably researched pieces about the importance of diet and cancer and how most hospitals advise quite the reverse of what is really advisable—SUGAR BUNS ANYONE??...

sticky buns.jpg
sticky buns.jpg (11.61 KiB) Viewed 9066 times

—His piece is extensive and convincing, as is his whole website—I think if I had read this at the beginning just after diagnosis, when I was rocking and reeling and not in a good way, I would have felt overwhelmed by all the facts and figures he quotes, bang on the button though they definitely are...

Which is why I started this site so I and others can take things on slowly, rather than feel bombarded, and have it filtered through a few minds of those actually going through the post-diagnosis life which is life NOW.

Just read the posts slowly, digest them, return to them, mull this all over and just load up with what seems right to you and for you from this one-stop shop for your little ship

little ship.jpg
little ship.jpg (6.08 KiB) Viewed 9066 times

But this site is wonderful & he is doing a huge service in putting all this research out there.(Which is why our Team Coordinator Rosie is running her ½ marathon and we are giving her proceeds to CANCERACTIVE)--
Judith
Site Admin

Re: Sugar-the symblism of the wasp jar...

Postby Judith » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:27 pm

And to continue the sugar debate:

We have had a plague of wasps and have had on the terrace a little jar with a small canister of honey at the bottom-

The wasps just dive in, then overdose on the honey and end up swimming around and then dying...mmmm- Buddhists look away here...

wasp trap summer 2014 113.jpg
wasp trap summer 2014 113.jpg (28.75 KiB) Viewed 8649 times

It occurred to me this was a striking visual image of what we cansurvivors do if we feed ourselves sugar (on the principle that sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words..)-
Judith
Site Admin

Return to Diet and Body