Exercise improves cansurviving

Research emerges all the time and is updated regularly.

Exercise improves cansurviving

Postby Teleny » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:46 pm

running-man130918e.png
running-man130918e.png (13.37 KiB) Viewed 5655 times

The Harvard Alumni Health Study is a long-running survey of men who entered Harvard as undergraduates between 1916 and 1950. Health data on over 1000 cancer survivors (average age 71) were recently examined by Dr Kathleen Wolin of the Chicago School of Medicine. In questionnaires begun in 1988, men reported their physical activities, including walking, stair-climbing and participation in sports and recreational activities. Their physical activities were updated in 1993, and the men were followed until 2008. Wolin found that compared with those who expended fewer than 300 calories a day in physical activity, men who expended more than 1800 calories a day were 48 percent less likely to die of any cause during the follow-up period.

Lee IM, Wolin KY, Freeman SE, Sattlemair J, Sesso HD.J Phys Act Health. 2014 Jan;11(1):85-90.

and a ps from Judith the Site Administrator:

I walk 30-40 mins in my local neighbourhood each day- how much you see when not in a car! And I make a point of greeting three people in some way--
it's a good day to have a good day.jpg
it's a good day to have a good day.jpg (12.46 KiB) Viewed 5496 times

today it was my neighbour in the communal garden -quite a chat that was and I decided it did not really count as this was someone I already knew- - then I saw two beautiful old -maybe 90 years?- ladies, one had eyes of violet so intense and a wonderful loose bun of white hair-- I said 'hallo you beautiful ladies'-they laughed and said what a lovely day it was. Then I saw three guys wheeling a barrow with a striking statue of the torso of a garlanded woman on it- it is being stored while Julie's Bar in West London is being refurbished- she has no name and they agreed to ask Julie about giving her one--then a Muslim woman asked her lively children to stand aside as I passed- I said to her 'what considerate children you have!'-she beamed...so who will I greet tomorrow?
Teleny

Re: Exercise improves cansurviving

Postby ufusannon » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:56 pm

That's cool information. thanks for posting this thread.
cool.jpg
cool.jpg (10.65 KiB) Viewed 5289 times
ufusannon

Return to Research