Beyond Oncology

This includes meditation practices as well as music, song, dance, poetry and laughter as medicine.

Beyond Oncology

Postby Mariza » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:26 pm

This post is written by someone from a medical family, who is herself in the psychoanalytic profession.

I would like to share with you my story with John of God,

John of God.jpg
John of God.jpg (6.84 KiB) Viewed 5377 times

a spiritual healer, who lives in a small village, in Central of Brazil, called Abadiânia
. He works as a medium channeling the power of about thirty entities, who are mainly the spirits of deceased doctors and surgeons. He has the reputation to help people deal with serious illnesses and physical disabilities.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in September 2010.When I had finished my second session of chemotherapy, a friend of a friend of mine,an engineer, who used to attend quite regularly to the works performed by John of God, invited me to take a trip to Abadiânia and acted as my guide.

Having been studying spiritism for over thirty years, I had no difficulty to accept and understand the phenomenon practiced by John of God, despite having a different framework.

I travelled to Abadiânia opposing all doctors recommendations. Actually, I was forbidden to stay between crowds and to leave my hometown. Even so, I took a plane and travelled one hour by car before arriving at the lodging-house in Abadiânia.

In my personal consultation with John of God, which lasted a few minutes, he just looked at me and said:" spiritual surgery tomorrow". Spiritual surgery means a no incision procedure.

At the same afternoon, I was invited to take a seat in a row of benches surrounding John of God´s chair. There were many people- some mediums- all silent, eyes closed in meditation. I spent hours meditating hard in order to help energetically to fuel the preparatory process and aid my own healing.
Then there, in the "current room", amidst that blissful atmosphere, I have had one of the most profound spiritual experience. Suddenly, I saw ( I believe we have more ways to see than only with our physical eyes)something like a metal chip with a fissure in the middle,falling out of my ill breast.

As I arrived at the lodging-house, I found my friend, a great expert in quantum physics, reading a book.

quantum physical world.jpg
quantum physical world.jpg (6.66 KiB) Viewed 5371 times

As I described the manifestation I had had, he handed on the book to me and asked:"something like this"? I was flabbergasted. The chip showed on the book was exactly that of my vision. He told me that I had started the process of expelling the malignant bit from my body.

Next day, I joined a group of twenty people for concentration, during thirty minutes. Then,John of God entered the room, and for ten minutes healed us.I felt a sharp pain in the site where the tumor was.

Coming back home, I demanded a scan from my oncologist. He disagreed, alleging that I had had just the second session of chemo out of twelve. As I insisted, I got the result: the tumor had shrunk 80%.The oncologyst was very impressed of my progress,although I had not mentioned my meeting with John of God.I was sure he would naturally debunk my experience.

Before finishing my chemotherapy, my tumor had already disappeared completely. Even so, I continued following the orthodox treatment, encouraged by the doctors in my family.
The next step, it was to undergo a breast-conservative surgery ( quadrantectomy), which goal was to remove the "virtual" cancer cells. Further to the operation, I underwent a month of radiotherapy.

I felt it was the right time to disclose to the doctors the treatment with John of God.The consultation was flooded with irritation and skepticism. Moved by their omnipotence, it appeared that they turned a blind eye

turning a blind eye.jpg
turning a blind eye.jpg (7.45 KiB) Viewed 5371 times

to the hidden capacities that might be lying within human beings
Mariza

Re: It can't be the same patient!

Postby gillian woodward » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:53 pm

IT CAN'T BE THE SAME PATIENT!

I would also like to share some of my first of two experiences of healing with John of God, in the December of 2009.

In February 2009 I was diagnosed with a liver cancer driven by Hepatitis C, a virus I have had, (thankfully with no symptoms), for over forty years. After the initial shock , a mistaken look at a website which advised me I had about six months to live, and one consultant who I stopped in her tracks(to the consternation of my companion) when she mentioned palliative care, I took myself into Positive Zone.

the positive zone.jpg
the positive zone.jpg (4.1 KiB) Viewed 5377 times
I drew on every resource I could think of; mental, physical, emotional and spiritual including Jungian psychotherapy, meditation, nutrition programmes and several others including an energy healer at the Hale Clinic. In the middle of one session my healer had a flash of certainty-that I should go and see John of God.
John of God.jpg
John of God.jpg (6.84 KiB) Viewed 5377 times

I was waiting for transplant at that time so couldn't travel but he lodged in my mind. Later transplant was deemed impossible because the cancer was too aggressive, so, soon after my first procedure, an embolisation to control it, I decided to go to Brazil.

Through the blessings of synchronicity and the concern of an enlightened financial advisor, I was invited on a free trip to visit the teak forests in Brazil in which I had my one and only small investment, so I combined the two, spending two weeks in Abadiania.

I was immediately captivated by the peaceful energy of the Casa de Dom Inacio, the healing centre, a safe sanctuary, on the edge of the town built on top of quartz crystal a few thousand feet up. I also immediately liked the man. I would describe myself as sceptically open minded, and, like many, wary of hype, but i found none. Both he and the town are singularly modest. He is an ordinary man with extraordinary powers, which he claims are not his. He is known as a trance medium, who channels spiritual forces to bring about countless healings, to which he has dedicated himself since his teens, for over forty five years. The whole scenario was a new, strange and challenging experience and I found I had to expand my consciousness to embrace it. In between sessions I would sometimes meditate on the deck with panoramic views, a red, dusty, winding path and scenery reminiscent of the background in a renaissance painting.

After my first 'operation' I went back to my unassuming guest house for the recommended twenty four hours uninterrupted, solitary retreat, supported by staff bringing meals to my room, and notices which stated,' This is not just a hotel but a recovery ward. Please be quiet'. I slept for a straight fourteen hours after which I had a strange sensation of gentle activity in my liver as though at a molecular level. Despite the advice of no contact, I had the urge to text a particular friend I had rarely texted before, and she replied, while washing up, at around the same time, she had a sudden, strong image of something really important happening to me.

Not long after my return to London I had a dream which told me clearly my tumour had reduced in size. When I went for my results consultation at Addenbrookes, I was told by my wonderful, open minded hepatology team that I was a 'minor medical miracle',

that the tumour had more or less gone and that a Lab Tec had exclaimed, 'this is not possible. It can't be the same patient!'- and that they hoped I would give them some credit along with John of God ! Indeed I shall forever be deeply grateful to both agents of healing.
gillian woodward

Return to Mind & Spirit