Your Prana is your Presence

This includes meditation practices as well as music, song, dance, poetry and laughter as medicine.

Your Prana is your Presence

Postby kirana » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:04 pm

In yoga, vital life energy is known as prana. The subtle energy field is a network through which this energy flows, or doesn't flow, and this expresses in the physical body and the way one is present in the world.

Whenever there is a challenge in our life, there is some tendency to send the vital energy outward, looking for a solution. Yoga would suggest that the solution is within. If I am very present with my own prana, this subtle movement within me will inform the movements I need to make in the world, which may be quite different than the movements I would consciously choose.
If I am in a health crisis (or any kind of crisis, economic, emotional, etc)many people will be giving me ideas about how to resolve my situation. Are their ideas valid for me? How do I decide? If I am able to become quiet enough to follow my own prana, the answers will come to me.
activating prana.jpg
activating prana.jpg (9.42 KiB) Viewed 4331 times

If I find the courage to act on these answers, this may open up an entire new world, with some approving and some disapproving of my decisions, and then I will need to follow my prana to respond to all of this!
kirana

Return to Mind & Spirit