If you yearn for a temporary retreat from the world..

This includes meditation practices as well as music, song, dance, poetry and laughter as medicine.

If you yearn for a temporary retreat from the world..

Postby Judith » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:10 pm

The Isle of Erraid

is a satellite community of the Findhorn Foundation--this might be the place to go-I went there 25 years ago near its beginnings and still remember vividly the stark wildness and beauty of it, the colours and the sounds of the sea all around-I took a 365 degree series of photos but that was before the digital age...the people were funny and friendly and open and welcoming... at the moment they are rebuilding some of the accommodation but have a look at what is available now- a truly haunting place.

This is what they say on their website:

Nestled into the heart of the Inner Hebrides, the tiny island of Erraid has offered home to a small group of members of the Findhorn Foundation for over 25 years. Here we enjoy a simple lifestyle as work, play, celebration and meditation are undertaken with an open heart and a willingness to listen to spirit. Our community is open to guests throughout most of the year and you are welcome to join our small family for one week or more.

Whether you are called to Erraid because of its outstanding stillness and beauty, to experience community living or simply to spend time within its powerful loving energy, you will be amazed at how soon you can let go and simply ‘be’ in the moment. Erraid can be a perfect setting for a personal retreat, a break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life or simply a pause in which to allow other experiences to settle into your being.
Visit the Erraid website.http://www.erraid.com/community.html

This is not Erraid, which is flat, but it sums up the feelings of retreat and is of northern italian mountains.
pink-mountains.jpg
pink-mountains.jpg (19.79 KiB) Viewed 5764 times
Judith
Site Admin

Re: If you yearn for a temporary retreat from the world..

Postby Allisonlee » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:44 pm

A sentence can change your life: "I love you", "I hate you", "will you marry me." "I am leaving you", and so on.... to "You are ill", "You are cured", and even "We are having a baby", "You are pregnant", and even "You can move on with your life"... There are so many, many variations but it always amazes me how one sentence can shift everything.

Sometimes, so can an experience or a place. Findhorn not only changed my life, but has given me the possibility to refer to it over and over again, thus constantly giving me the chance to keep changing my life.

There is a magic where you are touched in ways that give you the chance to change perspective, change how you live your life. In my case, it was doing the training as a Transformation Game facilitator where you learn how to guide others, but what is also required is that you bring to consciousness an awareness about things you need to know to learn about changing yourself. This is why I always feel and speak about Findhorn with such love. It is a retreat that I have been on that gave me the chance to change my life. And keep changing it.
Findhorn beach.jpg
Findhorn beach.jpg (8.99 KiB) Viewed 5202 times

A retreat is a place where we can focus on ourselves, something essential if we want to become whole and live our lives fully as ourselves. At Findhorn, I found the nourishment and sustaining energy that a retreat or training gave. And found there was that possibility to receive the magical support and learn to develop the awareness to connect with my deepest self. From there I discovered more about how to guide myself in the next steps I could take to become whole and work with whatever sentence my life brought me to refer to . Findhorn changed my life and everything I learned from being there still continues to be a point of reference and magic I will remember for the rest of my time here.

http://www.findhorn.org/

Findhorn bay.jpg
Findhorn bay.jpg (7.91 KiB) Viewed 5202 times
Allisonlee

Return to Mind & Spirit