Black Seed Oil - Read all about it!!

As Hippocrates said-let food be your healer--lots on this forum to ponder...

Black Seed Oil - Read all about it!!

Postby drew43 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:44 am

Black Seed Oil is a pure fat distilled from the seeds of nigella sativa, a common flower native to south and southwest Asia and also grown in the Mediterranean basin

It is meant to be good antidote to most ills, except perhaps death. Benefits include supporting liver health, combating type-2 diabetes, improving skin health, supporting eye health and supporting hair growth. The first line of defence against cancer is your own immune system, one simple solution to increase it is to take the blessed seed oil regularly.

Its recorded use dates back to ancient Egyptian times – rumour has it that Cleopatra used it on her face and hair to achieve her flawless complexion. Black seed oil is even said to have been found in the Egyptian pharaoh Tutankhamun’s tomb. It is an abundant source of all the essential fatty acids, proteins and vitamins B1, B2,B3, calcium, folate, iron, copper, zinc and phosphorus, as well as the antioxidants thymoquinone, carvacrol, thymol, p-cymene, anethole, and 4-terpineol – which provide strong anti-pathogenic and antifungal properties.
Throughout history, black seed oil has been used to treat an array of medical conditions, including asthma, high blood pressure, diabetes, inflammation, cough, headache, eczema, fever, dizziness and the flu. So worth a try?

Pure black seed oil comes in the form of a dark liquid which experts recommend that you ingest orally – one teaspoon per day – and it has a slightly bitter taste that won’t be for everyone. There are also capsules if you really do not like the taste which I find quite exotic

Needless to say there's an an abundance of information on the net
drew43

Re: Black Seed Oil - Read all about it!!

Postby Rosa_M » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:20 am

This sounds amazing and something everyone should have in their cupboard?! I guess it's always best to go right back to the source and use it in its least processed form? Here's a link to where you can buy the seeds and some recipe ideas.

"Toast Nigella sativa seeds gently in a dry frying pan, then grind with a pestle and mortar and add to an equal volume of honey

Add Nigella seeds to curries and dahls. Or add to your bread recipes with fennel seeds and pumpkin seeds."

I made some tahini from sesame seeds the other day, simply by dry roasting them and blending them on high for 5 mins. I wonder if you can do the same with the nigella black seed. Or perhaps soak them...

https://www.organic-herbal-remedies.co. ... VAEALw_wcB
Rosa_M

Return to Naturopathy