Tonic Water

Recipes, naturopathy, acupuncture, homeopathy ...

Tonic Water

Postby Mariza » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:30 pm

I have been using anti-estrogen as an adjuvant therapy following my breast cancer surgery. One of the worst side effects of the hormone therapy was the nocturnal cramps. I suffered with nightly cramps and tried many supplements such as: magnesium, potassium and calcium. Nothing had been efficient, until a friend doctor suggested to drink tonic water, which contains a very small amount of quinine.
quinine.jpg
quinine.jpg (6.8 KiB) Viewed 16180 times

So I learnt that quinine was an effective muscle relaxant originally used by the Peruvian indigenous people and brought to Europa by the Jesuits as a prophylatic against malária in the beginning of 17th century.
According to tradition the bitter taste of quinine tonic led British colonials in India to mix it with gin, thus creating the gin
and tonic cocktail, which is so popular in many parts of the world, especially in the UK.

what a tonic!.jpg
what a tonic!.jpg (6.62 KiB) Viewed 16180 times

At present, I take a glass of tonic water before going to sleep and "magically" the terrible leg cramps have ceased completely.
Highly recommended for those who are not allergic to quinine.
wild quinine.jpg
wild quinine.jpg (8.98 KiB) Viewed 16179 times

Oh and ps from Judith here: quinine is alkaline see this link: http://www.henriettes-herb.com/eclectic ... _quin.html

BUT there is no tonic water without sweetener, either sugar or sugar substitutes?
Mariza

Re: Tonic Water

Postby Patricia27 » Thu May 03, 2018 10:16 am

This is surely very useful & may be i can prepare this at home for my mother. I just guess that it must be useful for our health. Thank you for posting the great details about this cocktail it will be helpful for everyone in future. I just want to order this if this is available in online stores. Well i only prefer to shop through wativ.com because shopping through them reduces the chances of getting the local products also we can take advantage from their cheap rates. Like i have recently ordered a branded top for my mother to gift her at this mother's day through their amazing & inexpensive Mother's Day coupon codes and discount promotions.
Patricia27

Re: Tonic Water

Postby Emy154 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:58 am

I mostly love to use these kind of healthcare products. Is there any other online shop where i can get this at reasonable rates. Anyway thanks for this informative post it will be very useful for health & we can take benefit by using tonic water. I will search this at qouponcodes.com. This store has almost everything in almost all categories. Have a look at their Amazon offers by using this we can avail many discounted deals in money saving way.
Emy154

Return to Diet and Body